TRTA Segment Hiking Program
12-Week Wednesday Group- June 15th - September 1st
12-Week Friday Group- June 17th - August 31st
Online registration opens January 27th at 10am PST. Spots fill up fast so mark your calendar!
With questions, contact Lindsey at email@example.com or call (775) 298-4491.
2016 Program Fee - $600
This non-refundable* special membership fee includes:
• TRTA membership at the Trail Caretaker level ($250 value)
• A 165-Mile Club completion certificate, pin and patch
• Pre-hike preparation information
• Your name on the 165-Mile Club list published in our Trail Blazer newsletter and website
• Waterproof Tahoe Rim Trail Map (by Tom Harrison)
• Experienced and knowledgeable guides leading you on every hike
• Program coordination support
• Weekly program coordination, including trailhead directions, and special segment notes
• Program transportation each week (from ending trailhead to starting trailhead)
*NOTE: Registration DOES NOT guarantee your participation in this program. All registrants will be subject to a Medical History Review and Hiking Experience Survey to ensure that this demanding program is right for them. If we determine that this program is not a good fit, we will refund the program fee in full (minus a $50 administrative fee).
This supported and guided program is designed to break the official 165+ TRT into segments allowing participants to complete the entire trail in one season. In 2015, the TRTA is offering a choice between a 13-week Wednesday program averaging shorter distances and a 10-week Friday program which features longer distances. Every participant will hike the same day with the same people each week requiring a deep mental and physical commitment. The first week will start with a shorter hike, and then build in mileage each week after that. Participants must be able to fulfill the following requirements of the program:
• Hike 20+ mile segments by the final weeks of the program
• Friday hikers will reach the 20+ mile hikes half way through the program
• Maintain a 2-2.5 mph hiking pace at elevations of 8,000-10,000' including breaks and rest stops
• Carry a day pack with a minimum of two liters of water, lunch, snacks, layers and other necessities
Hiking Experience Required
This is an intensive hiking program and not for beginners. Participants should be in excellent health and hiking shape and should have attempted hikes of this magnitude in the past year. Conditioning prior to this experience is critical, and must be taken seriously. NOTE: Registration does NOT confirm your place in this program. All Participants will be subject to a Medical History Review and Hiking Experience Survey to ensure that this demanding program is right for them.