TRTA Segment Hiking Program
The Tahoe Rim Trail Association (TRTA) is proud to offer its Segment Hiking Program of the Tahoe Rim Trail for the 9th year. Three groups will circle the 165+ mile rim of the Tahoe Basin on one of the most unique multi-use trails in the world. This trek offers participants a supported method to complete the entire trail, the opportunity to meet new hiking friends, disconnect from modern life and create lasting memories of traveling through some of the most beautiful scenery in the Northern Sierra Nevada and Carson Range.
|Your Choice of 2017 Groups|
12-Week Sunday Group: June 18th - September 3rd
12-Week Wednesday Group: June 21st - September 13th
12-Week Friday Group: June 23rd - September 8th
Online registration opens February 8th at 10am PST. Spots fill up fast so mark your calendar! For more information contact Lindsey at email@example.com or call (775) 298-4491.
2017 Program Fee - $650
Funds raised from the Segment Hike Program are used to support the TRTA's mission: To maintain and enhance the Tahoe Rim Trail system, practice and inspire stewardship and preserve access to the natural beauty of the Lake Tahoe region. This non-refundable* membership fee includes:
• TRTA membership at the Trail Caretaker level ($250 value)
• Trained and experienced TRTA Guides leading you on every hike
• Program transportation each week (from ending trailhead to starting trailhead)
• Pre-hike preparation information including training
• Waterproof Tahoe Rim Trail Map (by Tom Harrison)
• Program coordination support
• Weekly program coordination, including trailhead directions, and special segment notes
• Entry into the 165-Mile Club upon completion with certificate, pin and patch
• Your name forever on the 165-Mile Club list published in our Trail Blazer newsletter and website
• Adventure of a lifetime with new, like-minded friends
*NOTE: Registration DOES NOT guarantee your participation in this program. All registrants will be subject to a Medical History Review and Hiking Experience Survey to ensure that this demanding program is right for them. If we determine that this program is not a good fit, we will refund the program fee (minus a $60 administrative fee).
This supported and guided program is designed to break the official 165+ TRT into segments allowing participants to complete the entire trail in one season. In 2016, the TRTA is offering two 12-week programs; Wednesday and Friday. Each participant will hike the same day with the same people each week requiring a deep mental and physical commitment. The first week will start with a shorter hike, and then build in mileage each week after that. Participants must be able to fulfill the following requirements of the program:
• Hike 20+ mile segments by the final weeks of the program
• Maintain a 2-2.5 mph hiking pace at elevations of 8,000-10,000' including breaks and rest stops
• Carry a day pack with a minimum of two liters of water, lunch, snacks, layers and other necessities
Hiking Experience Required
This is an intensive hiking program and not for beginners. Participants should be in excellent hiking shape and should have attempted hikes of this magnitude in the past year. Conditioning prior to this experience is critical, and must be taken seriously.
With the right mindset and enough dedication and training, anyone can see this program through to the end. Everyone wants to see every participant finish and we're here to help!
This event is located on National Forest Land.